As long as we are willing to REPENT, we have no fear of Jesus–it is when we repent that we experience His perfect love. He will always forgive us and scoop us up in his loving arms. We are used to people punishing us for our wrongdoings and our mistakes, but Jesus says, “Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest!” (Matt. 11:28). It is when we refuse to repent that we should expect judgement–not when we confess!
Our burdens are the guilt of this life. Jesus offers a guilt free relationship (Romans 8:1). Jesus does not say there is no burden, he just says that His burden is light. His burden is picking up our crosses, being ridiculed for His name, being killed for His name, and giving up our every sinful desire. But He says that His burden is LIGHT in comparison to the guilt we carry around every day…which is present because of our refusal to repent and experience his love.
Hebrews 10:26 says “For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries.”
Where fear exists, so does judgment. Where peace exists, so does love.
The Apostle John, described as “the one whom Jesus loved” said that, “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.” (1 John 4:18)
Who are you afraid of?
- Is there someone in your life that you would be afraid to confess something to? Then love is lacking there.
- Is there someone in your life that you would be afraid to disagree with? Then love is lacking there.
- Is there someone in your life that you would be afraid to ask for help? Then love is lacking there.
Who are you NOT afraid of?
- Is there someone in your life that you know would forgive you, no matter what? Perfect love is there.
- Is there someone in your life that you know you can confront or challenge? Perfect love is there.
- Is there someone in your life whose reaction to you asking for help would immediately be yes–as much as possible? Perfect love is there.
When we come to Jesus we know that he will forgive us for whatever we have done. That is perfect love.
- Every fear in life is demolished if we truly accept the love that Jesus gives.
- Every human can fail us, but if we are loved by Jesus, we are more than satisfied.
- People can hate us, hurt us, and reject us. But if we truly accept the love of Jesus, we are already complete and no one can actually hurt us.
Every despair of humanity is a lack of knowing the perfect love of Jesus Christ. Honestly, any tragedy can befall us, but if we are secure in Jesus then we are secure in God the Father, our daddy, and then no one can bring us down.
Hebrews 13:5-8 says it all: “God has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”So we can confidently say,’The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?’ Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.”